The World Is Still Out There

I am sure there is some story, novel, or movie about a person (or animal I guess too) that grows up in isolation not realizing that there is a whole other world out there. A real world, with real things, and other people. Well, I am pretty sure I am currently living that life, scratch that, I know I am.

A few days ago the girls and I ventured out of the house, via car, for the first time in weeks, yes plural weeks. What was the reason for our outing? Trip to get take out? Nope. Trip to do something fun? Nope. It was to get allergy shots because it was a necessity. Those are the rules right necessity. As we passed by closed businesses I would enjoy visiting, food places I would love to dine IN, and the drive thru Starbucks (who had a line, I kind you not, 25 cars long) I realized the world is still out there. Other people do still exist other then the now familiar faces we pass daily on our sidewalks as we move farther apart to create space as we pass each other.

This other world is still there waiting for us, be patient.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Fresh Coat of Wait

Super Mom vs Anxiety Mom