It's Potty Time - Mutiny

Captain’s log June 2012:
While I am happy to report that potty training has be deemed a success it saddens me to note that it was not because of my keen leadership skills but because of the girls (with their father) mutinous over throwing of my plans. Here is how it all went down:
After returning from a weekend camping trip in which potty training was still in full swing and the girls learned the harsh fact that in nature there is no potty to flush but instead trees that get watered with the contents of their little potties the girls made a stand. I was told “diapers for babies, we go nigh night in our big girl panties”. I froze in shock and fear. While yes they had remained dry during nap and night for over a week in diapers I still enjoyed the safety net, and so did the washing machine. My husband was on board and said “ok” before I could say anything. And we pushed forward diaper free at nap and night and I have to be honest I have only cleaned the sheets 1 time since the last week of May due to a sleeping issues.
With their new found power they then took a stand on their “travel panties” which was my code name for pull-ups when we were out of the house during the day. They refused to wear them and claimed that they too were for babies.  And, as luck would have it we have not yet (I saw yet because I know in my heart it is going to happen at some point) had an accident while out.
To be honest one girl has been accident free for 19 days and the other for over a week. Not a perfect record but one I can live with. And while all of those extra pairs of panties I invested in might seem like over kill now I have already had to throw away 5 pairs but not because of accidents just because of the cheap way they are constructed. Wouldn’t you know it is the coveted character panties that feel apart first, fair well Bell, Areal, Cinderella, Minnie Mouse, and Rainbow Dash you had a good run.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World Is Still Out There

A Fresh Coat of Wait

Super Mom vs Anxiety Mom