It's Potty Time - Starting the Day

Today is Potty Day
Last night as the girls were going to sleep they were repeating the mantra I have been saying for days, “tomorrow we wear big girl panties… we poop and pee in the potty…we get sticker for our chart” and I was filled with hope. I then realized that they will also call for “Toddles” with Mickey Mouse not truly understanding what they are doing but just following along. In short, I am raising lemmings and followers. These issues will have to wait for another day though, because today is potty day.
As the girls slept soundly last night not really understand what the morning would bring I was up most of the night thinking about it all. Gather all towels and old burp cloths, hide all dress up clothes, if we go outside what shoes are best, and so on and so on.
To try to calm my mind I realized I need to have a goal in mind so that I could gage if the day was a success. I decided that the day is a success if we do not run out of clean dry underwear without doing laundry. On last count each girl had 14 pairs of underwear so I am really not setting the bar too high to start out.  As of right now we have 0 wet/dirty pairs of underwear, let’s see what the day brings.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The World Is Still Out There

A Fresh Coat of Wait

Super Mom vs Anxiety Mom