It's Potty Time - Day 1 What A Mess

I have spent the last 12 hours on high alert – rushing kids to the potty, watching for signs, cleaning the floors and I am exhausted. You might wonder what the fruits of these labors were and the daily record stands at 4 successful potty uses and 8 accidents. These girls amaze me! They must have logged at least 2 hours on the potty today. They would sit there for up to 20 minutes and nothing. Shockingly enough they both stayed dry during nap and I will take cleaning the floors over cleaning the bed any day!
While we are not potty trained after Day 1 I did have some important take aways from the day.
1.       DO NOT wear long pants when potty training your kids. When the pee hits the floor it come at you like the “Blob” and will get you wet as well.
2.       If you think poop in a diaper smells bad just wait until you smell it in a waterless mini potty after your kid has been sitting on it awhile telling you she is still not done.
3.       The mail man will give you an odd look when he sees your kids sitting with panties around their ankles on mini potties on the front porch. (note to self – if child protect services shows up at my door I know why)
4.       Letting your kids run around in just shirts and panties is liberating and they may not ever want to wear pants again.
5.       On Day 1 when you hear “oh no I go potty” don’t worry about running just grab the floor cleaner because they have already gone.
While I would love to just throw in the towel and say they are not ready yet I am treating this like a hair cut that is shorter then you would like. I just have to give it a few days to grow on me. I hope!

Comments

  1. Four hits on day one?! Awesome! And as for the potties on the porch...Hannah's gone in our yard, front steps, and nearly every parking lot in eastern PWC. Don't worry about the mailman--his kids probably did it too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The World Is Still Out There

A Fresh Coat of Wait

Super Mom vs Anxiety Mom