It's Potty Time - Day 3 Moving Forward

“I go pee pee on Mommy’s deck, I have accident, my panties not dry”. This is the statement I heard chanted over and over this afternoon after our one and only accident. She had told me she needed to go potty 5 times already and sat there for 2-3 minutes each time and then said she was done. I guess the 6th time just did her in. The good part of this was with a bucket of water all was clean and I know the concept of using the potty and staying dry is sinking in.
All in all we had one “hit” and one “miss” today because I have learned that my girls can hold it all day! They woke up wet this morning and wet after nap but they have perfected the art of holding it. Now when they learn how to let it go we will be in business.
The other thing I heard every hour today was “I hear timer, I dry, I get special treat”. I guess they have figured out that reward system seeing as their potty charts have not gotten enough stickers yet for a dollar store prize.
All in all though we are moving forward and one day this will all be behind us. I can’t keep the girls on house and potty arrest any longer though because they actual begged to get in the van and go to the store this morning. From here on out we will just take it one “hit” and one “miss” at a time and get on with our normal life, pull ups and all.

Comments

  1. I'm afraid we will have to take ours one day at a time, and I'm ok with that, I'm just buttering myself up that it will take a little longer than normal. Glad to hear its going better!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The World Is Still Out There

A Fresh Coat of Wait

Super Mom vs Anxiety Mom